Sherif has worked at several of the largest global law firms as part of their Corporate/Commercial and Banking & Finance teams, working on UK and cross border transactional matters. He regularly advises corporates on mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. He has also acted for lenders and borrowers on numerous Islamic finance transactions and on the the US$5 billion administration of an international bank.
He now enjoys working with start-ups and SME’s and handles a variety of commercial, IT, corporate immigration and commercial property matters.
He has previously been seconded to Kuwait Finance House where he undertook commercial and legal function.
- Advised Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Limited on the acquisition of an industrial turbine manufacturing company
- Advised Babcock International Group and Rheinmetall Defence on the set-up of JV’s to provide training & equipment in the Arab Gulf region
- Advised Stewart Milne Group on various corporate matters, including the purchase of a corporate jet, as well as various construction matters
- Advised lenders and borrowers on dozens of multi-million dollar financing transactions globally, including OHB AG, an aerospace and technology company, in its €250 million (US$341 million) conventional unsecured revolving credit facility
- Advised on several multi-million dollar sukuk issuances as well as numerous other Islamic financing transactions
Sherif enjoys spending his time between the Middle East and the UK. He is an avid mountaineer, scuba diver, sailor and is a keen expedition runner. He also enjoys cooking and reading and is partial to a good game of chess.
Directorship with Advisory Direct Limited
Cross Border Banking and Finance Guide (KSA) 2014 (Lexis PSL)