Natalia Shvarts is an experienced franchised solicitor whose journey in franchising started over 15 years ago at a niche firm in Birmingham where Natalia trained and qualified supporting franchisors with all aspects of the franchise network management including drafting and updating franchise agreements, assisting with overseas expansion, managing franchisee exits, assisting with trademark and copyright infringement and data protection.
After 7 years of private practice Natalia took on a position of in-house legal counsel at a large award winning franchisor where Natalia established a legal function and, as part of the senior leadership team, contributed to the growth and development of the business and the franchise network. In early 2022, Natalia returned to private practice continuing to support franchisees and franchisors. Natalia is a regular contributor to prominent franchise publications including Elite Franchise, Which Franchise and Ask The Expert.
Natalia has also co-authored a chapter in the Practice Guide – Franchise 2023 on Lexology’s Getting The Deal Through platform as well as a chapter on Franchising in the United Kingdom for the 10th edition of The Franchise Law Review.
Natalia is also a member of the British Franchise Association
- Advising and assisting a UK master franchisee to bring a new F&B brand to the UK
- Assisting a multi-unit franchisee on additional acquisitions
- Drafting franchise agreements for new franchisors
- Providing franchise agreement review reports to potential franchisees
- Advising buyers and sellers on purchasing or selling franchised businesses
- Advising and assisting with trademark registrations
- Assisting a franchisee with achieving an amicable exit from their franchise
- Advising on renewal of franchise agreements
Natalia is passionate about dogs and is a trustee of a dog rescue charity. She is a keen runner and canicrosser, can often be seen out and about with her camera. She plays a mandolin and on a Friday or Saturday can be found at the Opera House or one of the theatres in Manchester or Chester.
Director of the British Franchise Association
Judge for the HSBC Elite Franchise Top 100 Awards
2024 Winner of the Lexology Client Choice Award for Franchising in the UK