Having initially practised in London as a litigation barrister for over 10 years, John has over 30 years’ experience as a commercial dispute resolution lawyer, representing individuals and businesses in respect of contract and partnership disputes, all areas of financial claims, professional negligence claims and property and building disputes. John has a particular interest and expertise in easement and adverse possession issues. He is a tenacious and technically accomplished lawyer.
Prior to joining Excello Law John has been a partner in national firms of solicitors, including heading up commercial litigation departments.
John is a qualified mediator with the Adr Group, and in both his mediation practice and legal practice adopts a pragmatic approach to dispute resolution, specialising in developing strategic decision formulation to settle often long standing disputes.
- Defending a manufacturer of food transfer systems against a claim by its client for £1,000,000 damages for an allegedly defective factory conveyer system
- Acting for purchaser in defending claim for monies due arising out of share sale agreement/completion accounts dispute
- Defending £500,000 breach of contract claim arising out of housing construction project
- Defending claims by property developer of adverse possession and right of way over client’s land
- Acting for commercial tenants pursuing claim for damages for a failure to maintain commercial car showroom premises
John enjoys country walks with his dog, watching sport and is a passionate skier. He also enjoys mid century modern design and modern art, and classic cars.
Non-executive director of construction & structural steel group Billington Holdings PLC
Trustee of registered charity The Gordon Trust
John was a pleasure to work with, always informed and right on top of the situation. I have recommended him many times since, receiving great feedback from those business associates too.
Gary Hartley, Fine and Country
John is one of the best dispute resolution lawyers I know. I have unhesitatingly recommended him to potential litigants in the past and will continue to do so. He is experienced, tenacious and skilled at what he does.
Denis Carey, Adjunct Professor at Fordham University/Boston University London Campus
I have used John a number of times and each time his professionalism energy and willingness to help has been outstanding. I could not recommend John any more highly.
Tom Granger, CEO White Rabbit