Specialist in Commercial & Property Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Having initially practised in London as a litigation barrister for over 10 years, John has over 30 years’ experience as a commercial dispute resolution lawyer, representing individuals and businesses in respect of contract and partnership disputes, all areas of financial claims, professional negligence claims and property and building disputes. John has a particular interest and expertise in easement and adverse possession issues. He is a tenacious and technically accomplished lawyer.
Prior to joining Excello Law John has been a partner in national firms of solicitors, including heading up commercial litigation departments.
John is a qualified mediator with the Adr Group, and in both his mediation practice and legal practice adopts a pragmatic approach to dispute resolution, specialising in developing strategic decision formulation to settle often long standing disputes.
- Defending a manufacturer of food transfer systems against a claim by its client for £1,000,000 damages for an allegedly defective factory conveyer system
- Acting for purchaser in defending claim for monies due arising out of share sale agreement/completion accounts dispute
- Defending £500,000 breach of contract claim arising out of housing construction project
- Defending claims by property developer of adverse possession and right of way over client’s land
- Acting for commercial tenants pursuing claim for damages for a failure to maintain commercial car showroom premises