Specialist in Business & Corporate, Commercial Contracts
and Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Ian Vicary - corporate and commercial lawyer
Ian is a senior lawyer and former national corporate head at top 50 firm Weightmans.
He trained and qualified at Alsop Wilkinson (now DLA), and was previously Liverpool corporate head at Hill Dickinson.
Ian handles the full range of company commercial matters but is particularly focused on acquisitions and disposals.
He also acts for a number of national law firms and has been involved in the setting up of numerous ABS’s.
Matters Ian has handled include the following:
- The sale of Norse Merchant Shipping Group by a US Hedge Fund to Maersk in one of the largest recent North West transactions;
- The financing for the purchase of The Sandcastle by Downings in one of the largest Liverpool property deals (circa £50m);
- The sale of Portgrade and the Afonwen laundry business to Johnsons Services Group for in excess of £50m (the Insider deal of the month for May 2016);
- The acquisition of Simmons Builders Merchants and Shropshire Building Supplies by Huws Gray Limited in the Summer of 2016;
- The establishment and funding of three CHP plants in North Wales for the biomass company Newbridge Energy Limited.