Geoff Willis has over 28 years of commercial property experience with particular expertise in commercial and residential development. He has substantial experience of site acquisitions and disposals, conditional contracts, options, promotion agreements, development agreements, building agreements and leases, funding agreements and joint ventures.
He also has extensive landlord and tenant experience, acting for both landlords and tenants, including many household names. He has also dealt with many pub sales and acquisitions, both freehold and leasehold. He has acted for occupiers and investors buying and selling commercial properties of most varieties.
Geoff also has expertise in property insolvency acting for insolvency practitioners and those buying from them.
Geoff has assisted with many business sales and acquisitions, both share and asset, including warranty negotiation, as well as property due diligence, as well as pre-pack purchases from administrators.
- Following on from assisting with the original site assembly and acquisition of Stadium MK, acted in relation to the development and sale of the MK1 retail and leisure sites to the Crown Estate and the sale of the drive-thru restaurants.
- Acted on the site acquisition, development and letting of a new industrial estate of 14 units totalling 180,000 square feet.
- Acted for Adobe in relation to the leasing of their new UK headquarters on a number of floors in a new build office building in central London including the development agreement for lease.
- Acted for Shakeaway milkshakes business in relation to new leases, renewals and general leasehold management.
- Acted for a fixed charge receiver in relation to a part built residential development extending an existing block of flats, including reaching agreements with the existing tenants to allow the receiver to finish the building works (including refurbishing their flats) and drafting the suite of documentation and setting up the data room for disposal of the flats
Geoff’s interests include history, walking and photography, so a perfect day is combining all three, visiting a historic site or on holiday with his family. Since lockdown he has explored lots of Northamptonshire on foot. He is also a football fan.
Geoff has been a voluntary director and trustee for 25 years of Spectrum Northants Limited, a local charity operating two day centres for around 80 service users with learning difficulties and mental health issues.