Edward Friend – Commercial Property Lawyer
Specialist in Commercial Property
Edward is an experienced commercial and high value residential property lawyer acting for investors, developers and builders, local authorities, government-backed agencies, professional firms and many commercial clients.
His work covers structuring and negotiating substantial property transactions, advising property companies on the acquisition, financing, letting and sale of properties, including developments from inception to the conclusion of each project, advising on taking security for property lending as well as advising on general finance for the purpose of funding property.
He acts for both investors and users of property in the day to day management acquisition and sale of property portfolios including title investigation, management schemes, business leases, rent reviews and service charges, as well as advising on commercial leasehold transactions, including granting and taking new leases, assignments, surrenders and lease renewals acting for both landlord and tenant.
- Acting for a developer to build the second largest sports centre in Europe with bank finance and the largest funding from the Olympic Delivery Authority to the private sector, including negotiating funding section 106 agreements and the sports centre lease
- Acting for clients on lease extensions under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967 and the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and on voluntarily negotiated extensions and acquiring buildings under the 1993 for collective enfranchisement
- Acting for the first city technology college in the country
- Acting for developers in assembling sites for development and granting retail and office leases
- Negotiating construction contracts on residential refurbishments, and appointments for the professional team, including collateral warranties
- Acting for landowners/developers of ‘put’ and ‘call’ option agreement
ACI ARB – Member of the Institute of Arbitrators
Member of the Securities Institute
When not working, Edward likes to spend his time exercising in a gym, water and snow-skiing spending time in the countryside and travelling abroad.
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Mobile +44 (0) 7881 825929