Specialist in Employment
David has over 25 years’ experience in providing expert employment law advice to employers, employees and senior executives. David is known for giving commercially focused tactical advice.
David is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the 2022 the Legal 500 directory with client testimonials including:
“exceptional lawyer who explicitly understands the issues”
“detailed knowledge of employment law and corporate culture that impact Senior Executives”
“would not hesitate in recommending David.”
“a great guy to have fighting your corner.”
“Practical clear advice.”
“Always at the end of the phone and very responsive.”
“Tells you your options and helps you find a solution”
Employees & Senior Executives
David advises on settlement agreements (sign off and negotiation), defending/responding to suspension/complaints/grievances, defending disciplinary proceedings, advice on new employment contract terms, advice on setting up in competition/moving to a competitor and restrictive covenants, advice on possible claims and tactical advice on securing exit terms.
David advises employers on exits and negotiating the settlement of threatened claims, planning for redundancy and restructure, TUPE, enforcing restrictive covenants, defending tribunal claims, disciplinary action, workplace investigations and drafting/reviewing/updating employment related documentation.
He is currently working with employer clients from insurance, media, professional services and financial services sectors.
Employees & Senior Executives:
- Settlement agreements for employees – advice & sign off
- Settlement agreements for senior executives – negotiating for increased payments and enhanced treatment of options
- advising suspended senior executives facing grievances against them
- advising clients on potential race discrimination claims
- advising founders/shareholders being forced out during earnt out periods.
- advising on the impact of TUPE on outsourcing contracts.
- advising on approaches to COVID-19 vaccination
- advising on changing employment documentation to reflect home working.
- advice on settling threatened tribunal claims