Specialist in Employment
New book focuses on employment law issues for 21st century businesses
Excello employment lawyer Sarah King has published her first book focusing on employment law issues for 21st century businesses.
Called ‘The Evolution of Work’, the book is a practical and easy to read reference guide for employers focusing on key topics including the status of workers – from zero-hours and gig economy workers, to the self-employed and employees – as well as working models including flexible, agile and home working, the use of technology in and outside the workplace, social media and future considerations for employers covering artificial intelligence, Brexit and virtual reality.
Each chapter concludes with a useful checklist for employers to review their policies and processes ensuring they reflect the changing nature of work.
Sarah commented: “Technology is changing the way we do business but also changing the way businesses work. However technology in and out of the workplace is not without its challenges for employers in terms of confidentiality, security and use of social media by staff. Businesses need to adapt to this change to survive; my book highlights those areas employers need to consider.”
‘The Evolution of Work’ is available as both an e-book and in paperback from Amazon.
Disclaimer: Nothing in the Legal Insights section and this blog is intended to provide legal or other professional advice and, if readers are interested, they should consider taking separate legal or other professional advice accordingly.
Meet our lawyers
- Our Agriculture & Estates Experts
- Our Banking & Finance Experts
- Our Business & Corporate Experts
- Our Charities & Social Enterprise Experts
- Our Commercial Contracts Experts
- Our Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution Experts
- Our Construction Experts
- Our Data Protection & Information Governance Experts
Our business model encourages true diversity, offering the opportunity for entrepreneurial lawyers from all backgrounds and legal career profilesContact us
- Agriculture & Estates
- Banking & Finance
- Business & Corporate
- Charities & Social Enterprise
- Commercial Contracts
- Commercial Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Covid-19 legal support
- Data Protection & Information Governance
- Employee Incentives
- Family Law & Mediation
- Franchising & Licensing
- Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
- Intellectual Property
- IT, Telecoms & Digital
- Minerals, Environment & Renewable Energy
- Private Client
- Property Development – Commercial
- Property Development – Residential
- Property Litigation
- Real Estate
- Sports, Media & Entertainment
- Trade & Investment
We pursue excellence in every aspect of our work, aiming to deliver quality, innovation and the highest standards of serviceContact us