Richard Osborn – Real Estate / Commercial Property Lawyer
Specialist in Commercial Property
Richard is a real estate lawyer with over 20 years’ experience, particularly in commercial and residential development and regeneration, with clients ranging from national house-builders and developers to local landowners and investors.
He was formerly Midlands regional office head and real estate partner at Weightmans and has regularly been recognised in the Legal 500 and Chambers & Partners directories.
Richard also has experience in the retail and leisure sector, having acted for several national retailers and leisure operators and has also led on a number of high-profile retail restructuring transactions.
As a former chair of governors, Richard also has an interest in the education sector and has experience of working with schools on Academy conversions as well as acting for a number of Higher Education institutions.
Richard also acts for several banks and lending institutions in connection with secured lending transactions.
- Client relationship lead and real estate partner for the last five years acting for a well-known national restaurant chain managing a portfolio of over 40 restaurants, involving the assignment of a significant number of leases, together with regears and variations and other new acquisitions, disposals and restaurant conversions
- Acted for Persimmon on the acquisition and development of a three phase major residential development scheme in East Leake, Loughborough
- Acting for a family trust on a strategic land promotion agreement with a national house-builder for a £30m+ residential development in Oxfordshire
- Acting for local universities on a number of projects, including several acquisitions and disposals and development and infrastructure projects and general portfolio management
Richard is a director of BID Leicester Limited, the business-led not-for-profit organisation running Leicester’s Business Improvement District.
Richard is also a director of Team Leicestershire, the public/private partnership facilitating Leicester and Leicestershire’s presence at MIPIM, the annual international property and investment conference in Cannes.
Outside of the office, Richard enjoys music (both listening to and playing guitar and clarinet and attending concerts), sport (including golf, tennis and skiing), eating out and trying to keep his family entertained. He also describes himself as ‘a long-suffering Aston Villa fan.’
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Phone +44 (0) 121 231 3206
- Mobile +44 (0) 7711 392001
“Richard has worked extremely hard for us over the past year and has proved to be very efficient, cost effective and personable. I would happily recommend him to others and look forward to working with him for the foreseeable future.”
“Richard has been invaluable in getting over 20 leases completed for us as part of a business acquisition in a very efficient and professional way. He really goes the extra mile and has given very good advice beyond the scope of the original brief. I would thoroughly recommend him."
“Richard has been extremely responsive in a wide variety of both large and smaller-scale transactions. He makes himself available at all times and takes a proactive and commercial view to the issues at hand. With the support of his team I would have no hesitation in recommending him to other potential clients”