Specialist in Real Estate & Property Development
Magdalene is an experienced real estate solicitor specialising in property development work. She has a master’s degree in Advanced Legal Practice (Commercial Property) and is a former visiting lecturer at the University of Law in London. She was the co-founder and Managing Partner of Davies Lavery Solicitors which merged with international law firm Kennedys in 2008.
Acting for both developers and landowners, she has worked on a number of high profile projects including developments for occupation by national food retailers, a hotel chain and operators of coffee outlets. Magdalene has taken such schemes from site acquisition, through the planning and construction phases, to the letting and disposal of the completed development to institutional investors.
Other more general commercial property experience includes the letting of office suites in multi-let buildings and acting for promoters of residential development sites, later sold to national house builders.
- Acting for the developers of the former County Court in Tunbridge Wells which was let to Premier Inn with the completed development sold to a major pension fund.
- Advising on the property aspects of the acquisition of Liscombe Business Park near Leighton Buzzard for developer clients and then acting on the development and letting of redundant agricultural buildings on the site for use as high quality office accommodation.
- Acting for a landowner and the promoter of a large residential development site in Kent which was taken through the planning process and then sold to Persimmon Homes.
- Working on the development of a city centre site in Canterbury for Jersey investors to provide a new student centre and student accommodation for Canterbury Christ Church University.
- Acquiring a farm for a landowner client consisting of residential cottages, commercial units and lakeside holiday accommodation with further development potential.