Specialist in Banking & Finance Business & Corporate Commercial Contracts Insolvency & Corporate Recovery and Sports, Media & Entertainment
Stephen Finch has worked for over 25 years in the banking & finance industry. He has extensive experience in consumer credit, securitisation, syndicated lending, project finance, asset finance, leasing, invoice discounting, factoring, banking service contracts, lending and bank security documentation. He has a present interest in representing clients in the oil, gas and energy sectors.
Stephen is highly regarded in the fields of asset finance and retail banking and an acknowledged leader in Consumer Credit Law. Chambers UK has categorised him as a leading individual and Senior Statesman in the industry who “is sought after for his ‘depth of knowledge of consumer credit matters.'”
For many years, Stephen worked with the Finance and Leasing Association serving on its Legal, E-Banking and Non-Prime Finance Committees. He has regularly lectured and contributed articles on Retail Banking Law in the UK and European Law developments for the UK Finance and Banking industry. He was until recently a contributor to the Consumer Credit section of Sweet & Maxwell’s Practical Commercial Precedents.
- Preparing for bank standard customer loan documentation.
- Acquisition of portfolios and finance companies.
- Advising on FCA compliance for prime and near-prime lenders.
- Commercial joint venture agreements for oil and gas exploration.
- Multilateral syndicated banking facility agreements.
- Acquisition and sale of companies operating in the banking and energy sectors.
- Trustee of the Generations Foundation Charitable Trust
Stephen lives in Wimbledon. Spends his time with his four children, with some time for golf and tennis. Stephen is one of a close knit group of keen supporters following Chelsea FC on their travels . A keen watcher of all sports, especially tennis, cricket and football.
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Mobile 07887 644297