Sarah Nolan – Commercial litigation specialist
Specialist in Dispute Resolution & Commercial Litigation and Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Sarah has worked in private practice since 2003 and qualified in 2008. Prior to moving to Excello Law, Sarah was Director and Head of Commercial at the Jackson Lees Group.
Sarah acts for individuals and corporate clients from a variety of sectors advising on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious commercial matters including commercial litigation, contractual disputes and insolvency. She is highly experienced in all aspects of litigation from commencement of proceedings through to trial and enforcement and ranging from County Court matters through to Court of Appeal.
Sarah has recently represented:
- Trustee in Bankruptcy in Court of Appeal case Yang v Official Receiver and others  EWCA Civ 1465,  All ER (D) 65 (Oct) in which it was held that the subsequent setting aside of council tax liability orders was not a ground for the annulment of a bankruptcy order made in respect of the Appellant.
- Four respondents in £2 million claim brought by liquidator alleging misfeasance, breach of fiduciary duty, preference and transaction at undervalue.
- Director in director disqualification proceedings brought on grounds that he acted as a director whilst bankrupt and traded to the detriment of HMRC.
- Directors seeking permission to act as directors of company using a prohibited name.
- Trustee in bankruptcy in possession and sale of property proceedings.
- Liquidator in assessment of alleged exaggerated claims made by creditor in a liquidation.
- Company in successfully having winding-up petition dismissed.
- Four defendants in springboard injunction application and substantive proceedings for breach of confidentiality and breach of contract.
- 20 of the bereaved families in the Hillsborough Disaster Inquests, achieving a verdict of unlawful killing. Sarah was a senior lawyer and team leader within a team of around 30 lawyers. She held this role for a 3 year period.
Out of work, Sarah enjoys HIIT training, yoga and cooking – albeit with varying levels of success! Aside from this, she can frequently be found planning her next trip abroad and spending time with her husband, friends and family.
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Phone 0151 347 0936
- Mobile 07775 510939
Sarah has many years' experience in the legal profession and is well able to manage a demanding workload. She is very thorough in her work and committed to her clients' interests. She has an easygoing manner that belies the hard work she puts in.
Sarah not only provided the most professional service, but turned the whole process from an unpleasant experience into a proactive and positive process due to her expert advice. I have no hesitation in recommending Sarah to anybody who requires sound legal advice and action.
Sarah provided an expert, friendly and professional service. She required minimal involvement from the client, while ensuring the best outcome. Highly recommended.