Sarah Lapsley – Dispute Resolution & Litigation lawyer
Specialist in Dispute Resolution & Commercial Litigation and Employment
Sarah has practised litigation including personal injury and employment law throughout her career. Her interest in alternative ways of resolving disputes extended to her qualifying as a commercial mediator in 2013.
Formerly based in the North West, Sarah is now flexible in her working arrangements and operates from London and Liverpool.
Sarah has a broad range of experience and has acted for clients in many types of disputes including contract claims, professional negligence, personal injury, CICA claims, contentious employment and settlement agreements, contested probate, partnership and land disputes.
In addition to her practice, Sarah sits on Council at The Law Society representing Merseyside’s solicitors and is also an active member of the Council Members Conduct Committee and the Scrutiny and Performance Committee at The Law Society.
- Professional negligence – representing a client whose solicitor had been negligent in her matrimonial proceedings resulting in the recovery of no monies or assets save exposure to a liability of over half a million pounds in relation to a jointly owned property portfolio. Damages recovered in excess of £140,000 in a negotiated settlement with insurers.
- Contested probate and trust law – representing a beneficiary of an estate to oust and replace the executor and obtain a declaration from the court as to validity of a disputed will.
- Contract dispute – defending proceedings brought against a couple by their builder and securing a strike out. Action to lift the corporate veil and sue the director personally and/or third party costs proceedings.
- Land dispute – asserting a right of way over land which had been blocked and acting for owners re dispute as to the position of the boundary between three parcels of land.
- Personal injury claim and employment law – claim against employer for breach of contract and unfair dismissal including personal injury related to working conditions culminating in a settlement agreement.
MATA/RICS Accredited Civil Commercial Mediator
RICS Certificate in Mediation and Advocacy and Dispute Management
Council Member of the The Law Society of England and Wales
Member of the Conduct and Scrutiny & Performance Committees of The Law Society
When not working, Sarah enjoys road cycling and trail riding, hill walking, swimming, yoga, live music, theatre and is a member of a poetry group.
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Mobile +44 (0) 7968 243230