Partner in Family
Lorraine Phimister specialises in family law particularly in respect of divorces cases and financial matters arising on divorce. Her specialism is focused on providing advice on complex financial matters including jointly owned property, family businesses and issues around family maintenance. Lorraine is both sensitive and able to give clear, frank advice but she is tenacious in her approach ensuring that she secures the best possible outcome for her clients.
Lorraine works primarily across Warwickshire and Leicestershire, and was previously an equity partner at a High Street practice in Nuneaton but she does accept instructions from clients based further afield.
Lorraine offers a free initial telephone appointment and is available out of “normal” office hours due to the nature of family work, Lorraine appreciates that flexibility is key to assisting clients during such an emotional and difficult time.
- Securing the return of a child in a complex family matter where a parent had effectively disappeared from the UK taking the child without consent
- Securing a 90/10 split of assets in a wife’s favour in a case whereby the wife had been subject to domestic violence for many years resulting in injuries that left her unable to work
- Securing an Order in that a spouse received a share of family properties that were located abroad and that the husband had transferred into the names of his relatives
- Obtaining a Freezing Order against a wife who had removed over half a million pounds from the parties joint bank account.
- Securing emergency Non-Molestation Orders and Prohibited Steps Orders to ensure the safety a client and/or children of the family