Specialist in Business & Corporate
James is a corporate lawyer at the specialist corporate law consultancy 458. Law, a trading name of Excello Law.
The majority of James’ practice covers transactional work for start-ups, venture backed companies, corporates, investors and entrepreneurs looking to buy, build and exit.
James has developed an extensive understanding of the e-commerce space, having advised on a vast number of acquisitions and disposals of Amazon FBA businesses since 2019. James’ clients include an array of individual sellers looking to achieve an exit, as well as aggregators looking to add brands to their portfolio.
James adds value through problem-solving, negotiating and delivering pragmatic and commercial advice to his clients.
James’ core practice covers:
- E-commerce M&A, with a strong emphasis on acquisitions and disposals of Amazon FBA businesses and companies;
- General M&A, including acquisitions, disposals, investments and mergers across manufacturing and engineering, technology, and indirect real estate;
- Succession planning, including sales to and acquisitions by, employee ownership trusts;
- Demergers, carve-outs, group reorganisations and simplifications for corporates and family owned businesses;
- Early stage investments and venture capital for start-ups and high growth companies;
- Strategic joint ventures; and
- General corporate advisory