Dominic McGinn – sports and dispute resolution lawyer
Specialist in Commercial Contracts Dispute Resolution & Commercial Litigation and Sports, Media & Entertainment
Dominic specialises in sports law and all aspects of dispute resolution. He represents a range of clients including premier league footballers, football agents, individuals, small and medium sized businesses, property developers and property agents.
He has over 20 years of experience in dispute resolution, he has been a partner in two of the top 100 law firms in the UK and has been recommended by the Legal 500 for sports law in the North West.
Dominic is an expert in complex contractual disputes, professional negligence claims, finance actions, privacy and media law, property related litigation and is experienced in all types of mediation.
He has handled many high profile cases including acting on behalf of fitness instructor Sarah Watson against a Manchester United footballer Marcos Rojo which led to the super injunction banning his identity being lifted.
He is the go-to lawyer for a renowned Spanish football lawyer for all legal matters in the English jurisdiction.
He is exclusively retained for all legal work in this country by football agencies registered in the UK who operate in Portugal, Spain, Argentina, Turkey, Emirates, Nigeria and Ghana.
Dominic has recently acted for:
- A finance company obtaining a 1 million pound settlement on a complex contractual dispute
- A developer on a 3 million claim and 4 million cross claim
- A surveyor successfully defending a £500,000 professional negligence claim
- An internationally renowned footballer in a multimillion pound claim against a premier league club relating to image rights.
- Football agents on a claim worth 9.4 million euros against Palermo football club
- A football agent in a phone hacking claim against Mirror Group Newspapers
- A footballer who suffered a potentially career ending injury. Formulated and settled a claim worth 1.5 million involving expert evidence from a top US surgeon
- A football agent relating to the amount owed under an agency agreement following the transfer of a footballer for 15 million euros.
- A premier league footballer on a claim against the player’s agent for monies owed as a result of breach of duties.
Football and obsessed golfer.
- Email [email protected]
- Office 0845 257 9449
- Mobile 07720 069033
Dominic is commercially focused and gets to the nub of the case. I would not hesitate in recommending him.
I can only say he is clever and understands this hard football industry. His approach, the results in all of the cases he has managed and the tactics used on the negotiations are excellent. I advise all of my clients in Spain to use Dominic.